31/08/2020

Mount Changes

It's been more than three years since I got my legendary mount on my main. Unfortunately it was only afterwards that Cryptic changed legendary mounts to be account-wide unlocks, so all my alts have been slow whenever I've done group content with my guildies. I've been saving up AD for months and keeping an eye on the auction house, hoping to buy another legendary at some point once I spotted a good deal.

For once however, my hesitancy has paid off, as Cryptic announced the other day that they'll be revamping the mount system and orange mounts will cease to give you a speed advantage the way they do now. In general it sounds like the devs are planning to make the stable more similar to the current companion system, with more variety resulting in more benefits and a range of new gear slots to be filled.

I'm grateful for the speed normalisation, but to be honest the new gear thing doesn't really sound appealing to me at all. Character power is already too complex a construct as it is.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the anguish expressed at the "normalization" in game. Of course, I might be seeing it through WoW and LOTRO colored glasses....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think that this change would enrage people who paid good money for a super-fast mount, but so far what I've seen has been surprisingly subdued. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places; or maybe it won't hit people properly until the change actually goes live...

      Delete