26/06/2014

Free To Play

It's been about a month since I returned to Neverwinter, and since then I've played at least a little every day and been having a lot of fun. Since I was enjoying myself so much, I decided to spend some money on things that would help me enjoy the game even more, and to show Perfect World that I thought their game was worth paying for.


I did find it notable however that buying the things I felt my character needed ended up costing me more than a six month subscription to a subscription MMO. I'm not saying that I regret any of my purchases, especially since I got bundles that were very good value compared to buying certain items individually... but it certainly makes you think about just how deceptive the "free to play" label can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment