12/08/2018

Rude

A lot of companions in Neverwinter have little voice lines that they like to spout when summoned or in combat. (The best thing about the Sylph from the Knight of the Feywild pack was that her incessant "Isn't sun wonderful?" and similarly over-the-top expressions of cheer drove my pet tank absolutely nuts.)

I've now repeatedly run with groups in which someone had a companion (but I couldn't make out whose it was) that was constantly throwing weird insults at the enemy, such as calling them "troll licker" or "knobbly knees" (not sure about that one). What keeps throwing me though is that one of his lines sounds like "Your mother was a whore!" and I'm pretty sure that's not what he says, but at the same time I can't figure out what else it's supposed to be... so I keep hearing accusations of prostitution all over.

3 comments:

  1. Every time I login, my fighter companion says "A smart fighter quits while he's ahead!" Which is really good advice for anybody who plays games of chance, too.

    Now you've got me curious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah, I've heard that one many times too. I think he's one of the free companions, isn't he?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, which is why I have him.

      Delete