24/11/2018

Recruitment Drive

I didn't realise it before it released, but Heart of Fire is a levelling campaign, not one for max-level characters, and in line with that Cryptic has been trying to use its celebrity connection to recruit new players from the Penny Arcade fan base. Makes sense, and I certainly don't think it's a bad thing to have more variety in levelling content, even if it makes the new quests a bit trivial and boring to play through at the cap.

Cryptic is also trying to get old players to roll up new alts by currently holding a recruitment event which will earn you some rewards if you level a character during this time, similar to what they've already done in STO a few times. Unfortunately that doesn't really appeal to me either though - I was just glad to finally get all my alts to 70 earlier in the year. As much as I usually love levelling in MMOs, there's something about Neverwinter that makes its levelling game a lot less appealing than in other games.

So I really have no interest in creating another alt of a class I already have. Now if they ever release an actual new class...

2 comments:

  1. A new class is unlikely any time soon given they removed the "new class coming soon" option at creation.

    For me, I'd probably make new characters if I had capacity to but there are only 2 slots given for free so that kinda limits me as a Free-To-Player. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, have you never spent money on anything?

      And yeah, I know they removed the "coming soon" thing; just saying. I can't believe it's been more than three years since they released the paladin...

      Delete