01/08/2015

Class and Race Quests

One of Neverwinter's lesser advertised features is that it has distinct quest lines for different classes and races. They are nothing amazing and you only get one about once every ten levels, but they still add some nice flavour and provide you with some new content every time you roll an alt of a different class or race. That's why I made my control wizard a drow, so I would get both a new class and a new race in one go.

When you're high enough level for a new one of these quests, you get a letter from the quest giver in the mail and have to go find them. Since this isn't an actual quest by itself, it's kind of refreshing to have to go and look for the right NPC without having a sparkly path to follow. Even though my control wizard has mostly been levelling through invoking (once again), I've made an effort to at least go out and do each new race and class quest as I get it.

Sadly Cryptic doesn't seem to have much interest in adding to or even maintaining this feature. My pet tank explained to me that there was neither a race nor a class quest waiting for his dragonborn paladin (the newest class and race in the game). And on my wizard I ran into a dead end in Rothé Valley, where my race quest told me to go into a farmhouse, but the entrance is currently bugged so you can't enter. Apparently this was reported on the forums two months ago already, but nothing has been done to fix it.

2 comments:

  1. The final thief one was pretty tough, needed my brother's fighter to assist in the last, tiny room where an illithid boss summons intellect devourers and illithid brute thingies.

    I learned afterwards that most thieves at the time simply didn't bother finishing it, letting them farm the many enchantment bundles in that map via farm / quit / repeat. >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even remember that, even though I definitely did it on my rogue back then... I may have asked for help though.

      Delete