14/06/2020

Xuna

Xuna is one of Neverwinter's main NPCs - the scantily clad rogue that features heavily in the game's original trailer. For Neverwinter's fifth birthday, you could get her as a companion for free (or rather it was a choice between her and Makos). I claimed my freebie and put it in the bank but never used it.

Since I came back though, Xuna has apparently been ridiculously OP. I don't know if the worst of it has been nerfed already, but I still find her performance most impressive. Companions in Neverwinter have never been renowned for their combat performance and were primarily used to boost your stats, so Xuna chopping things to bits within seconds really stands out.

Having raised her to max level at this point, it's quite fun to run around and watch her kill low-level mobs before I can even touch them... though admittedly she can be a bit of a liability in dungeons and busy areas, as she has a habit of jumping into nearby groups that you weren't even planning on attacking.

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, describing Xuna as "scantily clad" made me laugh. I think it's because I look at her in the trailer and thought that I've played too much of other MMOs, because that would be be considered "heavily clothed" in more than one MMO (::cough:: TERA ::cough::), and even by WoW standards that'd be considered decently covered up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there are always better and worse examples, but any "armour" that exposes large swathes of bare skin to the enemy counts as scant in my book. Also, I think her in-game chest piece is a bit more revealing than what she's wearing in the trailer (and I was mainly thinking of her in-game appearance).

      Delete