03/01/2021

Content Drought?

Today it hit me that it's now been more than six months since the release of the Avernus module. This is unprecedented, as until now Cryptic has always been very good about releasing new content every four months or so. I always considered the sheer amount of free content one of the game's strengths, even if there are other parts of its business model I don't like.

Looking back at their 2020 road map posted last year, we should have heard more about module 20 by now. Instead, the Redeemed Citadel event appears to have been extended indefinitely and as far as mod 20 goes, all the talk has only been about upcoming gameplay changes, with nothing about actual new content. Wonder what's going on there?

4 comments:

  1. I have to wonder if there's trouble brewing at the Dev house. Which, as usual, the thought of which makes me sad.

    But I sure hope I'm wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I just got an email about a new expansion. Go figure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know they sent out emails about that stuff! I just saw it on the launcher when I logged in today. The reveal is quite timely though, I agree.

      Delete
  3. I love new Neverwinter content, but lately they have been changing game mechanics... I play neverwinterwinter on youtube. my channel is BMO Creative! you're all welcome to watch! hope you like it! I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete