19/04/2020

Chicken Farm

During one of our first visits to Avernus I saw a player talk in general chat about soon being able to open a chicken farm, and I remember wondering what that was all about.

As it turns out, one of the reward mechanisms in Infernal Descent is that you can use the currency acquired from repeatable quests and heroic encounters to buy "surprise bags", which have a chance of containing good gear, astral diamonds, or a random companion, vanity pet or mount. As it happens, by far the most common drop from them is the "infernal chick" vanity pet, and after a few weeks of buying these bags I, too, am up to owning 24 of the little things.

Unfortunately you can neither trade nor sell them, not even to a vendor, so they've just been accumulating in my vanity pet inventory. As of now there's still plenty of space in there, but I do wish Cryptic would let me do something with them other than delete them. As I generally hate deleting things in MMOs, I'll stick to the chicken farm in my bags for now.

3 comments:

  1. Pretty sure the chicks are going to eventually try to overthrow you. Just sayin'....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are abyssal creatures to be fair...

      Delete
  2. I also hate deleting things, even if I have no use for them and they're annoying. It's not rational, because if they sold for a completely trivial amount like one copper piece I wouldn't think twice about selling them.

    ReplyDelete